Chance Hill Baptist Church

C.ED/Sunday School

Forum Home > "SUNDAY SCHOOL IS FOR YOU" > "SHOWING GENEROUS HOSPITALITY"

Chance Hill Baptist Church
Site Owner

Lesson 8 for Week of February 28, 2021 Reference: R.H> Boyd Publishing Corporation

Background Passages: Acts 16:11-15, 40; I Corinthians 1:26-30 Lesson Passage: Acts 16:11-15, 40; I Corinthians 1:26-30

"SHOWING GENEROUS HOSPITALITY"

UNIFYING TOPIC

Lydia: Called to Serve

LESSON TEXT

I. A House Open the the Gospel ( Acts 16:11-15, 40)

II. Everybody is Somebody (I Corinthians 1:26-30)

THE MAIN THOUGHT

And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us. Act 16:15, KJV

UNIFYING PRINCIPLE

Many people have been recipients of generous hospitality or have been in a position to extend hospility to someone. In what ways can openness ans a listening ear provede opportunties to serve? Lydia was an attentive woman who responed to the gospel message with faithfulness and generous hospitality.

LESSON AIM

To consider how Lydia used her gifts and her place in society to support Paul's ministry.

Life AIM

To serve others joyfully through whatever means are at their disposal.

God's Word in Life

Hospitality is a multi-billion dollar operation. Hotels, motels, resorts, restaurants and other venuesprovide lodging, food, and services for consumption and enjoyment. Most people do not have an issue with paying for the hospitality that this industry offers, as it is a way of relaxation and vacation for a lot of people. It is nice to eat a meal that has been professionally prepared and it is wonderful to sleep in a bed that one did not have to make himself or herself. Many of the workers in this industry are overlooked because the work they perform is considered to be low-skill. However, any hospitality worker can testify that there are many sort skills that are necessary in the hospitality industry. A good hospitality worker has a generous and loving spirit. They must be one who is willing to give of themselves to ensure that the guest has the best experience possible. Often these are persons who carry themselves with quiet dignity, understanding that although they do not receive the recognition or pay of others they give people something priceless, smiles and memories. It takes a person of immense emotional intelligence to work successfully in the hospitality field. They must be the kind of person who knows how to put the desires of others above their own, even when feeling unwell or having a bad day. There is little difference between the professionals and amateurs of hospitality, except the latter are not paid for the skill to make others feel welcome. Even as amateurs are unpaid for their hospitality they are no less important, especially within the Kingdom of God.

Reference: R.H> Boyd Publishing Corporation

Okay so before we get into the Scriptures let me talk on the lesson topic: "SHOWING GENEROUS HOSPITALITY" is a big deal. It is difficult some times to show generous hospitality, however when the spirit of the Lord lead you into all truth it is much easy to be a great server of LORD. Obedience and Serving goes hand and hand. Watch this obedient is having a firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength for helping someone or through confidence and faith in the Lord. This is what the lesson today is suggesting to the hearer showgenerous hospitality. Be a Lydia! She was happy to br of good serve for Paul, the Lord and others.

I. A House Open the the Gospel ( Acts 16:11-15, 40)

11Therefore loosing from Troas, we came with a straight course to Samothracia, and the next day to Neapolis;

12And from thence to Philippi, which is the chief city of that part of Macedonia, and a colony: and we were in that city abiding certain days.

13And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.

14And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.

15And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

16And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

II. Everybody is Somebody (I Corinthians 1:26-30)

26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29That no flesh should glory in his presence.

30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

In Conclusion:

Serving will pay off! Keep serving and know that God is God...and know that, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. We are called by God to be a service to God. Amen!

QUESTION FOR DISCUSSION:

In what ways can openness ans a listening ear provede opportunties to serve?

CLOSING PRAYER...Lord thank you for holding us accountable for being loyal to you and showing generous hospitality to the ones that was in need when they needed us most. Help us to be more kind to help one another and to hear you when you call us to serve. In Jesus name Amen!

--

Vickie Hill

--
February 28, 2021 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Prayer Requests

• for all of the 2020 grads

Praying for of 2020 grads that are doing their best for being out in this virus. I know they are wondering what there next move in life would be. But we must keep on uplifting t...
  • The World Who Is Experiencing a Pandemic.

We all need to pray and stand on the word of God through this pandemic. The Virus COVID-19 that has presented itself to all humankind will cease under the mighty hands of God! I...

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Jul 3 at 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Sunday, Jul 3 at 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wednesday, Jul 6 at 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Jul 10 at 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Recent Videos

YES
91 views - 0 comments
80 views - 0 comments
524 views - 0 comments