Chance Hill Baptist Church

C.ED/Sunday School

Forum Home > "SUNDAY SCHOOL IS FOR YOU" > MAKING WISE CHOICES

Chance Hill Baptist Church
Site Owner

Lesson 10 for Week of March 14, 2021 Reference: R.H> Boyd Publishing Corporation

Background Passages: Joshua 5:13-6:27 Lesson Passage:Joshua 5:13-6:5, 15-16. 20

"MAKING WISE CHOICES"

UNIFYING TOPIC:

Joshua: Prophet of Conquest

LESSON TEXT

I. An Army of One (Joshua 5:13-15)

II. Ministry Buy In (Joshua 6:1-5)

III. Title (Joshua 6:15-1, 20)

THE MAIN THOUGHT

And the Lord said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour. Joshua 6:2 KJV

UNIFYING PRINCIPLE

Individually and corporately, people face choices. How do we discern what choices are best and organize our action? Josjua and the people of israel chose to honor a covenant with god, obeying God's intructions perfectly.

LESSON AIM

To reflect on our inefficiencies when challenges overwhelm us.

Life AIM

To commit to obeying God especially in challenging times.

God's Word in Life

Reference: R.H> Boyd Publishing Corporation

Okay so before we get into the Scriptures let me talk on the lesson topic: "MAKING WISE CHOICES"

I. An Army of One (Joshua 5:13-15)

13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?

14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?

15 And the captain of the Lord's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

II. Ministry Buy In (Joshua 6:1-5)

6 Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in.

2 And the Lord said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour.

3 And ye shall compass the city, all ye men of war, and go round about the city once. Thus shalt thou do six days.

4 And seven priests shall bear before the ark seven trumpets of rams' horns: and the seventh day ye shall compass the city seven times, and the priests shall blow with the trumpets.

5 And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long blast with the ram's horn, and when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down flat, and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him.

III. Title (Joshua 6:15-1, 20)

15 And it came to pass on the seventh day, that they rose early about the dawning of the day, and compassed the city after the same manner seven times: only on that day they compassed the city seven times.

16 And it came to pass at the seventh time, when the priests blew with the trumpets, Joshua said unto the people, Shout; for the Lord hath given you the city.

20 So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.

In Conclusion:

QUESTION FOR DISCUSSION:

How do we discern what choices are best and organize our action?

CLOSING PRAYER...Lord thank you for holding us accountable for being loyal to you and showing generous hospitality to the ones that was in need when they needed us most. Help us to be more kind to help one another and to hear you when you call us to serve. In Jesus name Amen!

--

Vickie Hill

--
March 14, 2021 at 11:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Prayer Requests

• for all of the 2020 grads

Praying for of 2020 grads that are doing their best for being out in this virus. I know they are wondering what there next move in life would be. But we must keep on uplifting t...
  • The World Who Is Experiencing a Pandemic.

We all need to pray and stand on the word of God through this pandemic. The Virus COVID-19 that has presented itself to all humankind will cease under the mighty hands of God! I...

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Jul 3 at 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Sunday, Jul 3 at 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wednesday, Jul 6 at 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Jul 10 at 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Recent Videos

YES
91 views - 0 comments
80 views - 0 comments
524 views - 0 comments