Chance Hill Baptist Church

C.ED/Sunday School

Forum Home > "SUNDAY SCHOOL IS FOR YOU" > SEEKING WISDOM FOR THE FUTURE

Chance Hill Baptist Church
Site Owner

Lesson 12 for Week of March 21, 2021 Reference: R.H> Boyd Publishing Corporation

Background Passages: 2 King 22 Lesson Passage: 2 King 22:14-20

"SEEKING WISDOM FOR THE FUTURE"

UNIFYING TOPIC:

Huldah: Prophet of Wisdom

LESSON TEXT

I. Trouble For a Nation (2 Kings 22:14-17)

II. Praise for a King (2 Kings 22:18-20)

THE MAIN THOUGHT

Because thine heart was tender, and thou hast humbled thyself before the Lord, when thou heardest what I spake against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, that they should become a desolation and a curse, and hast rent thy clothes, and wept before me; I also have heard thee, saith the Lord. 2 Kings 22:19, KJV

UNIFYING PRINCIPLE

No one knows all the implications of what they learn. Who can help us understand what the future holds? King Josiah's advisers consulted the prophet Huldah who shared her God-given insights about the coming days of the nation and the king.

LESSON AIM

To reflect on Josiah's behavior after hearing the words of the book of the law.

LIFE AIM

To seek godly advice about their future.

God's Word in Life

Reference: R.H> Boyd Publishing Corporation

Okay so before we get into the Scriptures let me talk on the lesson topic: "SEEKING WISDOM FOR THE FUTURE"

I. Trouble For a Nation (2 Kings 22:14-17)

14 So Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam, and Achbor, and Shaphan, and Asahiah, went unto Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvah, the son of Harhas, keeper of the wardrobe; (now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college;) and they communed with her.

15 And she said unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Tell the man that sent you to me,

16 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof, even all the words of the book which the king of Judah hath read:

17 Because they have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands; therefore my wrath shall be kindled against this place, and shall not be quenched.

II. Praise for a King (2 Kings 22:18-20)

18 But to the king of Judah which sent you to enquire of the Lord, thus shall ye say to him, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, As touching the words which thou hast heard;

19 Because thine heart was tender, and thou hast humbled thyself before the Lord, when thou heardest what I spake against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, that they should become a desolation and a curse, and hast rent thy clothes, and wept before me; I also have heard thee, saith the Lord.

20 Behold therefore, I will gather thee unto thy fathers, and thou shalt be gathered into thy grave in peace; and thine eyes shall not see all the evil which I will bring upon this place. And they brought the king word again.

In Conclusion:

QUESTION FOR DISCUSSION:

Who can help us understand what the future holds?

CLOSING PRAYER...Lord thank you for holding us accountable for being loyal to you and showing generous hospitality to the ones that was in need when they needed us most. Help us to be more kind to help one another and to hear you when you call us to serve. In Jesus name Amen!

Vickie Hill

--
March 27, 2021 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Prayer Requests

• for all of the 2020 grads

Praying for of 2020 grads that are doing their best for being out in this virus. I know they are wondering what there next move in life would be. But we must keep on uplifting t...
  • The World Who Is Experiencing a Pandemic.

We all need to pray and stand on the word of God through this pandemic. The Virus COVID-19 that has presented itself to all humankind will cease under the mighty hands of God! I...

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Jul 3 at 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Sunday, Jul 3 at 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wednesday, Jul 6 at 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Jul 10 at 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Recent Videos

YES
91 views - 0 comments
80 views - 0 comments
524 views - 0 comments