Chance Hill Baptist Church

C.ED/Sunday School

Forum Home > "SUNDAY SCHOOL IS FOR YOU" > FINDING HOPE IN THE MIDST OF OPPRESSION

Chance Hill Baptist Church
Site Owner

Lesson 1 for Week of April 4, 2021 Reference: R.H> Boyd Publishing Corporation

Background Passages: ISAIAH 52:13-53:12, Luke 24:1-35              Lesson Passage: Isaiah 53:4-11

"FINDING HOPE IN THE MIDST OF OPPRESSION"

UNIFYING TOPIC:

The Suffering Servant Brings Salvation

LESSON TEXT

I. Christ: Our Surprising Substitute (Isaiah 53:4-11)

II. Christ: Our Sidekick in the Struggle for Justice (Isaiah 53:4-11)

III. Christ: Our Surety in Salvation (Isaiah 53:4-11)

THE MAIN THOUGHT

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5, KJV

UNIFYING PRINCIPLE

When life reaches its darkest depth, people wonder if there is still hope for the future. Where can we find the promise of joy that will overcome our deepest sorrow? Isaiah 52:13-53-53:12 reminds us of God's servant who suffers profoundly for others, and Luke 24 records the encounter of the Emmaus travelers with the resurrected Jesus.

LESSON AIM

To teach how God orchestrated that Jesus would serve as the guarantee of out salvation. 

LIFE AIM

To fing the courage and conviction to live life to the fullest for Christ.

I. Christ: Our Surprising Substitute (Isaiah 53:4-6)

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

II. Christ: Our Sidekick in the Struggle for Justice (Isaiah 53:7-9)

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

III. Christ: Our Surety in Salvation (Isaiah 53:10-11)

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

God's Word in Life

A PROMISE RECEIVED BY FAITH, The Suffering Servant Brings Salvation

Reference: R.H> Boyd Publishing Corporation

Okay so before we get into the Scriptures let me talk on the lesson topic: "FINDING HOPE IN THE MIDST OF OPPRESSION" We can count on the message of Christ for our salvation. We Jesus said It Is Finished our debt was paid! “Paid in full” means that once a thing is paid foror paid off, you never have to pay for it again. As a matter of fact, we are foolish if we try to pay for it again. I like what Ray Pritchard says in his book "In the Shadow of the Cross,” Ray Pritchard says that all your sins have been stamped with three words – “It is finished” (paid in full).

Anger…paid in full.

Gossip…paid in full

Drunkenness…paid in full.

Adultery…paid in full.

Lying…paid in full.

Wrong priorities…paid in full.

Pride…paid in full.

Laziness…paid in full.

Unkindness…paid in full.

Indifference…paid in full.

In Conclusion:

Salvation is Sealed! The Suffering Servant Brings Salvation. We can often get entangled in our own sense of grief and despair. Where do we find hope to spark our joy again? Jesus is our answer! 

Christ: Our Surety in Salvation

1. How did Jesus help the disciples understand who He was? (v. 27)

2. How did the disciples come to recognize Jesus? (v. 30)

3. What did these two disciples learn from the others gathered in Jerusalem? (v. 34)

4. Why did Jesus conceal His identity from the disciples?

5. Jews looked for a conquering hero. Why was it necessary that the Messiah would suffer?

QUESTION FOR DISCUSSION:

Where can we find the promise of joy that will overcome our deepest sorrow?

How are these three communities (African American, Native American, Hispanic) similar to the disciples?

Who are some of the messengers of hope in our communities? Have we listened to them? What has been the general reaction?

What should we do with gains already made? What can we do to make further progress?

What God wants us to do? Follow the Spirit

CLOSING PRAYER...Lord thank you for dying on the cross for us you gave your life that we my be free from sinning. Lord no other human could've did on the cross or endured what you endured for the sake of the people in this world Thank you Jesus and we are forever grateful for all that you have done In Jesus name Amen!

Vickie Hill

--
April 4, 2021 at 10:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Prayer Requests

• for all of the 2020 grads

Praying for of 2020 grads that are doing their best for being out in this virus. I know they are wondering what there next move in life would be. But we must keep on uplifting t...
  • The World Who Is Experiencing a Pandemic.

We all need to pray and stand on the word of God through this pandemic. The Virus COVID-19 that has presented itself to all humankind will cease under the mighty hands of God! I...

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Oct 31 at 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Wednesday, Nov 3 at 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Nov 7 at 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Sunday, Nov 7 at 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Recent Videos

YES
55 views - 0 comments
52 views - 0 comments
492 views - 0 comments