Site Owner

Lesson 2 for Week of April 11, 2021 Reference: R.H> Boyd Publishing Corporation

Background Passages: Ezra 9-10 Lesson Passage: Ezra 10:1-12

"CONFESSION AND CORRECTION"

UNIFYING TOPIC:

Ezra: Faith and Action Preacher

LESSON TEXT

I. True Confession (Ezra 10:1-5)

II. Authentic Correction (Ezra 10: 6-12)

THE MAIN THOUGHT

And said, O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face to thee, my God: for our iniquities are increased over our head, and our trespass is grown up unto the heavens. Ezra 9:6 KJV)

UNIFYING PRINCIPLE

Sometimes people can lose their sense of direction in life and turn away from the values they once held. How can we recapture the values we once cherised? Ezra led the returned exiles in prayer and rependance, and afterward he read the book of the Law to which the people listened and then joyously worshiped the Lord.

LESSON AIM

To teach how God demonstrated what authentic and true rependance looks like through the activites of Ezra and Israel.

LIFE AIM

To courageously connect with God through authentic rependance.

I. True Confession (Ezra 10:1-5) King James Version

1 Now when Ezra had prayed, and when he had confessed, weeping and casting himself down before the house of God, there assembled unto him out of Israel a very great congregation of men and women and children: for the people wept very sore.

2 And Shechaniah the son of Jehiel, one of the sons of Elam, answered and said unto Ezra, We have trespassed against our God, and have taken strange wives of the people of the land: yet now there is hope in Israel concerning this thing.

3 Now therefore let us make a covenant with our God to put away all the wives, and such as are born of them, according to the counsel of my lord, and of those that tremble at the commandment of our God; and let it be done according to the law.

4 Arise; for this matter belongeth unto thee: we also will be with thee: be of good courage, and do it.

5 Then arose Ezra, and made the chief priests, the Levites, and all Israel, to swear that they should do according to this word. And they sware.

II. Authentic Correction (Ezra 10: 6-12)

6 Then Ezra rose up from before the house of God, and went into the chamber of Johanan the son of Eliashib: and when he came thither, he did eat no bread, nor drink water: for he mourned because of the transgression of them that had been carried away.

7 And they made proclamation throughout Judah and Jerusalem unto all the children of the captivity, that they should gather themselves together unto Jerusalem;

8 And that whosoever would not come within three days, according to the counsel of the princes and the elders, all his substance should be forfeited, and himself separated from the congregation of those that had been carried away.

9 Then all the men of Judah and Benjamin gathered themselves together unto Jerusalem within three days. It was the ninth month, on the twentieth day of the month; and all the people sat in the street of the house of God, trembling because of this matter, and for the great rain.

10 And Ezra the priest stood up, and said unto them, Ye have transgressed, and have taken strange wives, to increase the trespass of Israel.

11 Now therefore make confession unto the Lord God of your fathers, and do his pleasure: and separate yourselves from the people of the land, and from the strange wives.

12 Then all the congregation answered and said with a loud voice, As thou hast said, so must we do.

God's Word in Life

Reference: R.H> Boyd Publishing Corporation

Okay so before we get into the Scriptures let me talk on the lesson topic:"CONFESSION AND CORRECTION" is what is so need in our lives today. Many people have turn to the world, goverment, social for a life of true living, but it time that we stand up a be true worshipper. We have made so many idols things rather than Godly things. We are marryering people who God told us not to married, we are going places where we know it is wrong in the sight of God, and we are depending on people who we know don't ove the things of God truefully. It's time to come befor the throne of Grace and fall befor God and confess our sin with conviction to God and live a life that is pleasing to God. I am bothered about the things that is going on in the people who say that they love God and witnessing about God and is deeply rooted into to sins as if God can't see. God gave me a song during this Covid -19 Pandemic and the song says God is everywhere at the same time, no matter where you are God is there, He is there all you have to do is poen up your heart and let Him in He there where you are He's there. MyMy My what a song I felt down in my soul. Amen!!!! Separate yourself from things that we separate you from God.....that thing is SINS.

In Conclusion:

Sometimes people can lose their sense of direction in life and turn away from the values they once held. Ezra demonstrated true repentance. Ezra fell down on his face and intecede for Israel for their sins against God. Ezra wept and wail confession loudly to God his trangression he went out of his way to bow himself down before the Lord with deep convictionand passion.Ezra's public passion was persuasive and passion because of the LOVE for God he had. We today should learn from Ezra dedication cry unto the Lord. Even if their is onl one person comes to repentnce because they saw our tru confession, correction and faith in action for God.

QUESTION FOR DISCUSSION:

How can we recapture the values we once cherised?

CLOSING PRAYER...Father God we pray this prayer to you concerning our ways, thinking, and action. We thank you first a formost for giving us your gift of MERCY! We humbly confess our wrong action, our stinking thinking and our dirty ways. Thank you Lord for you mercy to allow us anothe chance. However, Lord we know that without you and your power we will be dune to death not to be remembered anymore, but thank you Lord for your kind loving mercy. In Jesus name Amen!

Vickie Hill

April 11, 2021 at 3:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Prayer Requests

• for all of the 2020 grads

Praying for of 2020 grads that are doing their best for being out in this virus. I know they are wondering what there next move in life would be. But we must keep on uplifting t...
  • The World Who Is Experiencing a Pandemic.

We all need to pray and stand on the word of God through this pandemic. The Virus COVID-19 that has presented itself to all humankind will cease under the mighty hands of God! I...

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Oct 31 at 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Wednesday, Nov 3 at 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, Nov 7 at 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Sunday, Nov 7 at 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Recent Videos

YES
55 views - 0 comments
52 views - 0 comments
492 views - 0 comments